Q&A with August 2016 DLABSS Gift Card Winner

The latest winner of our monthly $50 Amazon gift card lottery agreed to answer a few questions about his experience working with DLABSS on multiple experiments. We have posted his responses below:

1. What is your occupation? Tell us some basic background information about yourself.

I'm a veterinary assistant and college student. I'm planning on becoming a veterinary technician and entering the clergy in my religion. I have an array of strange pets and am two years into my study for priesthood.

2. How did you first hear about Harvard DLABSS, and why did you decide to participate for the first time?

Someone linked me to a survey a friend was involved in somehow. It's been so long I'm not even 100% what it was.

3. Why have you continued to participate in experiments on DLABSS?

They're pretty neat and I like helping people out.

4. What is one thing you have learned from one of the experiments you participated in?

My ability to recognize faces is much worse than I fully realized. But I'm also getting a bit better at it, thanks to the amount of these that ask you to keep in mind faces.

5. In your opinion, what is the best feature of DLABSS and/or its website?

The interface is amazing. I've never had an issue with my browser crashing or the page reloading on me or accidentally thinking something was something else and having to redo an entire page.

6. What about DLABSS do you think could be improved for experiment participants?

The experiment categories section could be improved. It's not difficult to navigate or anything, I just think the categories themselves could be reworked a bit to make it easier on participants.

7. If you were talking to someone considering participating in DLABSS for the first time, how would you describe your overall experience?

Pretty great. By participating you're taking a very small amount of your time to help out other people and have the chance of winning some cash.