Q&A with November 2016 DLABSS Gift Card Winner

The latest winner of our monthly $50 Amazon gift card lottery agreed to answer a few questions about his experience working with DLABSS on multiple experiments. We have posted his responses below:

1. What is your occupation? Tell us some basic background information about yourself.

I'm a retired municipal worker.

2. How did you first hear about Harvard DLABSS, and why did you decide to participate for the first time?

A friend of mine said he was participating, and suggested I do the same. I read a lot of research, and I thought it would be interesting to actually participate in research. 

3. What is one thing you have learned from one of the experiments you participated in?

I learned more about my political views after one experiment. Where I thought I was fairly nuanced, I was more binary.

4. What about DLABSS do you think could be improved for experiment participants?

I wish I had some advice for DLABSS, your site or the performance of the experiments. It's not my field of expertise. I found everything straightforward, which is the best compliment I can give to anyone designing an online experiment.

5. If you were talking to someone considering participating in DLABSS for the first time, how would you describe your overall experience?

The experience is very low-key. Experiments can be ignored, but for the most part, experiments show me more about how I think and view the world.