The latest winner of our monthly $50 Amazon gift card lottery agreed to answer a few questions about his experience working with DLABSS on multiple experiments. We have posted his responses below:
1. What is your occupation? Tell us some basic background information about yourself.
I work in IT management. I am married with 3 kids and live in the suburbs of Chicago.
2. How did you first hear about Harvard DLABSS, and why did you decide to participate for the first time?
I really don't remember. I think someone sent me a link, the studies always seem to be interesting.
3. Why have you continued to participate in experiments on DLABSS?
Generally because the experiments tend to engage me and not take that much time.
4. What is one thing you have learned from one of the experiments you participated in?
That I have trouble remembering what I clicked on less than a minute ago.
5. In your opinion, what is the best feature of DLABSS and/or its website?
Simplicity. Not too much fluff or GUI complications.
6. What about DLABSS do you think could be improved for experiment participants?
Don't make me enter my email address twice. I think you guys figured out the issue where identical emails with with different capitalization were distinct entries in your database.
7. If you were talking to someone considering participating in DLABSS for the first time, how would you describe your overall experience?
Interesting without being a burden.