The latest winner of our monthly $50 Amazon gift card lottery agreed to answer a few questions about the experience of working with DLABSS on multiple experiments. We have posted these responses below:
1. What is your occupation? Tell us some basic background information about yourself.
I am a retired truck driver and HVAC technician.
2. How did you first hear about Harvard DLABSS, and why did you decide to participate for the first time?
I think it was an email from your group that got me curious.
3. Why have you continued to participate in experiments on DLABSS?
I think its important to get good feedback for your social studies and I feel I am a good source for balanced answers.
4. What is one thing you have learned from one of the experiments you participated in?
In reviewing your questions I gain insight to the scientific methods used to achieve a fair response from a participant.
5. In your opinion, what is the best feature of DLABSS and/or its website?
I think the best thing about your groups website is seeing the subject of new studies and their relationship to current events.
6. If you were talking to someone considering participating in DLABSS for the first time, how would you describe your overall experience?
Overall the experience I liken to taking tests, only these tests usually have no time limit and the answers come from your experience not a book. Each answer requires honest reflection to be of use to the studies. You can see yourself in your responses, and hopefully, "its a good thing."